Site Reliability Lead Engineer
About Smart Protection
Join the fight against digital piracy and counterfeits.
- We aspire to become the global market leader in the protection of online assets.
- Our DNA is technological, our thinking is customer first, and our focus is on the elimination of online infractions.
- We like algorithms, happy customers, and eliminating violations. Our commitments to efficiency, adaptability, and transparency will soon be recognized by our customers, and become the values they associate with our brand.
- We prize teamwork, not solely because it suits us, but because we can achieve so much more.
- Together we build solutions to fight piracy, counterfeiting, and brand abuse. We believe in personal autonomy and see challenges as opportunities.
- We are proud to be, to think, and grow like a startup.
About the Role
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. They implement the best production engineering and security practices.
To reinvent an industry, you must build the best team, and that is exactly what we are doing!
Are you passionate about solving great challenges through technology? If you are excited about shaping the future of technology, please keep reading, you are going to love this.
We are looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing. Are you passionate about massive scalability and making our excellent technology available in international markets? Do you want to make meaningful contributions to Smart Protection’s success?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to talk with you. We believe that people are of the most important assets to Smart Protection and because of that, we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
The schedule? Pretty flexible, just get done with all you have to do, go home and relax (we will need you back the next day, we go all in...)
What do we offer?
- A continuously growing Spanish scale-up within a global playing field
23 different nationalities within an ambitious and always smiling team
- A lot of learning and development opportunities within a dynamic tech company in the purest Silicon Valley-style
Regular online training. Smart Campus.
- The possibility of making a serious impact on our product
- The opportunity to execute and implement your own ideas and initiatives
- Flexible schedule around 09:00 to 18:00 from Monday to Thursday and on Friday around 09:00 - 15:00, also remote work from home.
- And of course, a competitive salary
What’s it like to work at Smart Protection:
- Smart Protection is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Remote days available upon agreement (if you decide to go on-site).
- Flexible work environment & hours.
- Excellent Salary conditions.
- Flexible remuneration: restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare, and childcare.
- All the gear you need.
- Regular fun team events.
- And last but not least...free coffee, fruits & tea!
What You Will Do
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Smart Protection in general.
- Provide technical leadership for the team and partner with other technical leads to own direction, milestones, and execution with long term sustainability and velocity in mind.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, and product owners to solve interesting and challenging problems.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle for services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and optimization. Assist teams in their software: systems, design, and services.
- Audit and ensure the integrity of software architecture supports the quality and reliability for a scalable deployment.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Ensure that the architecture and design of the management software can be deployed and managed at scale worldwide.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Help to define our SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs as part of the services lifecycle.
- Participating in our recruiting process to help grow our engineering team.
What You Will Need
- Love working on a team where you constantly learn, experiment, and iterate quickly.
- Have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Communicate effectively and care about the things that affect the company, your team, and yourself.
- Expert understanding of Linux systems and services.
- Advanced practical Public Cloud experience with either AWS or GCP.
- Great knowledge of various aspects of service design: including messaging protocols & behavior, caching strategies, and software design practices.
- Be familiar with and have practically applied shell scripting and at least one higher-level language to real-world problems.
- Ability to adapt and focus on the simplest, most efficient & reliable solutions.
- Able to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- You’re passionate about what you do and embrace diversity and humbleness.
- You can give feedback freely and accept it graciously.